Getting Divorced Later In Life? 3 Things To Consider

Posted on: 4 July 2016
Divorce doesn't always happen to young couples, since it's very possible for an older couple to get a divorce too. When this happens, there will be some different things that should be considered that a young couple doesn't have to think about. There is not as much time for dealing with financial recovery after a divorce due to factors like retirement. Shared assets may be considered bargaining tools that can help you get what you really want as well.
[Read More]

Feeling Alienated? Here Are The Symptoms Of Parent Alienation

Posted on: 28 June 2016
Parent alienation is when one parent tries to alienate a child against the other parent. This can happen due to a messy divorce or a custody arrangement not working out the way one particular parent wanted. It can also happen through step-parents as they try to force their way into family units. It's important for parents to know when they are being pushed out and alienated. Here are the common symptoms if you feel like it is happening to you.
[Read More]

3 Tips For Divorce Mediation

Posted on: 21 June 2016
Many divorcing couples turn to mediation to save money and avoid court. Even if you and your spouse are unable to reach an agreement on all of your issues, mediation can help with some of the issues so that the family court only has to intervene on what is left. If you are heading to mediation, here are some tips to keep in mind.  Consult With Your Attorney Before you and your spouse attend mediation, consult with your attorney.
[Read More]

3 Tips To Establish Paternity For Child Support

Posted on: 17 June 2016
A new child is always a blessing, but a baby can also bring a number of challenges and complications. That's especially true if you're an unwed mother. Single moms face numerous challenges in raising their children, including financial difficulties and the logistical obstacles of managing a career, education, personal life, and child care. If you recently gave birth as a single mother, you may be considering legal action to get child support and childcare assistance from the father.
[Read More]